Thursday, March 17, 2011

ski purgatory, durango colorado


Success at Purgatory! Skiing right now is perfect with soft, wet snow (but not too wet) and enough sunshine to ski without a coat. I saw a couple of people swishing downhill in shorts and even a couple in tank tops (I didn't think it was that warm, but maybe they were tearing up the slopes more then me). Moderate temperatures are keeping the tracks from icing over and getting slick, so that's always good.

Skiing by myself wasn't all that bad btw. I'm the type of person that likes to be alone sometimes...nothing Garbo like, but from time to time it's relaxing and I like the feeling of independence.

You would think being spring break that all the runs would be packed, but every now and then I was on a run all alone. It's hard to describe the peacefulness of hearing nothing but the swish of my skis and of being surrounded by nothing but nature. Ok, so the thought crossed my mind for a brief moment or two...What if I crash, break a leg, and lay in the snow forever waiting on someone to find me....I mostly missed laughing with who ever I ski with and then reminiscing at the end of the day.

Overall I had a fabulous time on the mountain and I'd do it all over again.

No comments: