Friday, January 28, 2011

thoughts

If you've ever spent time in the Panhandle of Texas then you know that the weather can change on a dime. Today it was sunny and nearly 70 beautiful degrees....by Monday night we're expecting snow and temperatures in the single digits. I'm not sure how to behave, one minute I'm planning a camping trip the other a snowy adventure.

But tonight I keep staring at the vintage painting on my wall while trying to work; I"m not getting much done. I'm daydreaming about camping in the mountains, hearing the water beside me, sipping soul warming drinks, and cooking by the fire.

This painting has an extra draw for me because it was created by my great-grandmother, probably back in the thirties. I have other relatives who paint the outdoors - not me, even though I'd love to have that talent. Instead, I focus on taking photos like my husband, my brother, and my sister-in-law do. It's important for me to capture moments that no one would otherwise ever see, or notice.

I love how Mark captured the viscous slide of the marshmallows in this summer camping photo at Hermosa Creek. BTW - I think I roast a dang good-looking marshmallow.


Tonight I daydream, tomorrow I get outside and have some fun...and maybe take some photos.

2 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

I could get lost in that painting. Just gorgeous.

albwtrout said...

Reminds me of camping with my husband at one of our favorite places in Lake City, CO - Lake San Cristobal - a beautiful still night after a storm.